In Constant Evolution, Since 1945
Polidoro was founded in Schio in 1945.
Acetylene jets for lighting were the very first products which were followed by ceramic electricity insulators, and in 1955 the first liquid gas Radiant Gas stove was produced.
It was with the discovery of natural gas deposits in Italy and the North Sea and the spread of its use in gas boilers that the Company managed to enlarge its product range and increase its customer base.
In the 1960s, with an increase in demand for new designs the first engineers were hired. The common denominator of all projects was always a quest for innovation in design which resulted in Polidoro’s development of the first mulitgas burner.
The company set out on a path that led it to grow more rapidly, filing numerous patents and designing burners that still today are an important part of its production line: NP Burners, Low NOx emission burners with water cooling, pilot burners and tubular burners.
Starting from 1995, Polidoro general manager Giuseppe Dalla Vecchia started to invest in the company as shareholder, acquiring the whole company in 2005. In the same year, his sons Laura and Stefano joined the company. Giuseppe’s strong entrepreneurial spirit pushed him to aim at product innovation and creation. An important achievement in this area was reached when the new Research and Development Centre was built, equipped with the most complete range of instruments, where the effectiveness of the choices made in collaboration with customers could be verified.
In 2007, Giuseppe passed away, and Laura Dalla Vecchia became Polidoro’s president, carrying on his father’s work with enthusiasm.
The development of new products like premix and metal-fibre coated burners indeed marked another important step for the company, that once again proved it is an avant-garde partner to its customers. Constant drive to improve also led to the introduction of modern equipment that enables a high production capacity, satisfaction of market demands with great dynamism and speed and guarantee of the maximum precision and reliability of the finished product.
The progressive expansion of its sales network and the internationalization process, with the establishment of foreign business units in Turkey and China dedicated to the local market, testifies to the great importance of customer service. The spirit of constant research together with the care and attention towards the customer has been successfully conveyed to all employees and has always been Polidoro’s winning formula.